INTERN - Corporate Communications
Corporate Communications Intern - Paid Internship
Course of Study
Bachelor's degree with major in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or English
- 1 year in length [37.5 hours per week during the summer; 25 hours per week during school year]
- Internship to begin in May
- Junior (or a Senior planning to pursue a Master's Degree in the fall)
- Must be an active student for the entire length of internship
- Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record
- International students may require special work authorization to work a one-year internship. Speak with your International Students Office/Advisor at your institution before applying.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent intrapersonal skills
- Previous internship or work experience preferred
- Create auto shows and motorsports event in the Marketing Services Tool for email campaigns
- Assist in drafting news releases and internal communications including power point presentations
- Assist in the coordination of employee events and meetings
- Update company internal communications including maintenance of Corporate Intranet and messaging screens and boards.
- Assist in updating social network channels as directed
- Assist in the planning phases and execution of the national auto show program
- Assist in planning for the annual national business conference
- Assist in gathering creative assets for internal and external events
- Assist in gathering photos and video of internal events
- Support management of Subaru history archives and vehicle inventory
- Coordinate special projects to support department initiatives
This position is responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities of the Corporate Communications Department. Specific duties include: on-going creation of auto shows and motorsports events for email campaigns in the Marketing Services Tool, preparing reports for ongoing and special projects, assisting with auto shows and press conference preparation, drafting releases and other communications, assisting social media specialist on posting auto shows on social channels, participate in conference content development and planning as applicable, supporting internal and external corporate events, internal employee communications, and other various project work as it arises.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required along with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Must be dependable, very detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects. Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work well under pressure.
Meet Some of Subaru of America's Employees
National Field Marketing Manager
Nytasha communicates Subaru’s corporate marketing strategy to regional markets and retail locations throughout the U.S. She ensures Subaru’s messaging is consistent and on brand across all areas of the company.
Back to top