Environmental Regulatory Manager
Organization: North American Subaru Inc. - Government Relations
Location: Columbia, MD
Summary: Research, communicate and take action on auto industry legislation or regulations related to vehicle chemicals, recycling,environmental and noise issues. Perform communication "window" functions in these areas for SOA and SBR.
- Develop information and contact points with agencies in the above areas.
- Participate for Subaru, in GlobalAutomakers chemical programs.
- Track and understand regulations and information within the industry to be used to mitigate risk.
- Maintain communications and understanding in related areas between industry associations, SOA and SBR while providing a single point of contact for NASI GRA, SBR and SOA.
- Represent Subaru in the chemical areas related to environmental issues.
- Provide ad hoc support (e.g., Monroney Label Regulations, SAE rating standards & advertising, owner- oriented publications review, chemical legislation) as requested.
- Sit on the Board of Directors of End of Life Solutions, Inc. in order to ensure ELVS satisfies recycling and disposal requirements whether federal, state or voluntary.
- Sit on U.S. CAR P65 Subcommittee and represent SUBARU.
- Sit on the North American Automobile OEM Substances of Control Committee administered by U.S. CAR.
- Obtain and report noise test results to local and state agencies.
- Ensure SBR KAJB/SOA has proper understanding and implementation schedule of new (and existing) legislation both Federal/state Chemical and Substances regulations.
- Actively interact with Global Automakers/Alliance workgroups and Federal/state on pertinent Chemical and Substances-related issues of concern to SBR/SOA.
- Monitor battery recycling activity in the US, Engage in the regulatory process to adequately inform SOA/SBR of their obligations.
- Good management and communication skills a must. Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Chemical Substances-related knowledge.
Experience/Education: BA/BS(4 year degree) with + 4-6 years of related, industry specific experience
Back to top