Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Manager
Summary: Leads the organization's Diversity Equity and Inclusion Program, creating the overall strategy regarding Diversity and Inclusion, partnering with the HR team and external vendors, coaching, consulting and meeting with leaders at all levels, and sponsoring organization-wide development efforts such as Employee Resource Groups and training.
- Develops and operationalizes diversity and inclusion plans that enables clients and businesses to progress on goals. Leads execution of Inclusion strategy for Subaru of America.
- Partners with and builds strong relationships within the business and across Human Resources, particularly HR Business Partners to understand business priorities and needs.
- Provides subject matter expertise through consulting and using evidence-based best practices to drive results.
- Supports executive communications on Inclusion topics. Partner with internal communications to regularly communicate internal and external diversity and inclusion initiatives, events and progress
- Acts as a diversity leader for assigned business or region. Serve as a trusted advisor to the organization and partner on strategies and actionable goals to support diversity initiatives.
- Organizes and leads program managers within the business to help execute strategy and tactics (where applicable).
- Designs, launches, measures, tracks and analyzes the effectiveness of initiatives focused on creating a culture of inclusion that drives our retention strategies and includes the ability to predict future trends in our inclusion efforts.
- Develops short- and long-term vision, strategy and planning for the growth and evolution of Employee Resource Groups (ERG).
- Provides "outside the box" thought leadership and expertise in growing and supporting the ERGs.
- In conjunction with the Talent Acquisition team, establishes relationships with historically black colleges and universities and other higher education institutions with large, under-represented/minority populations.
- Keeps current with leading research on DE&I initiatives by leveraging expertise and aligning with the Subaru Love Promise to influence behavior and culture.
- Provides benchmark and research analysis, including monitoring and reporting on diversity and inclusion topics.
- Ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders and step into a leadership space as they present to all employees (eg Presentations to build awareness and provide updates to stakeholders on progress/growth.)
- Interacts effectively with external organizations and stakeholders (eg. benchmarking, sharing best practices, survey participation, etc.)
- 10+ years of professional experience in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space and/or human capital consulting.
- 5+ years of experience working with executives in client-facing, consulting role.
- 5+ year of facilitation or public speaking experience
- Expertise in drawing meaningful insights from data to create strategy, tell a narrative and operationalize solutions.
- Proven track record of execution through program management.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence key partners, ability to get results through collaboration.
- Ability to identify and track metrics of success (results and outcome orientation).
- Skilled facilitator, able to navigate difficult conversations with an executive audience.
Education/Experience: BA/BS(4 year degree) along with requisite years of experience leading work in the DE&I space.
Back to top