Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Manager
- Camden, NJ
Summary: Leads the organization's Diversity Equity and Inclusion Program In partnership with Director, creates and then implements the overall strategy regarding Diversity and Inclusion by partnering with the HR team and external vendors; coaching, consulting and meeting with leaders at all levels; and sponsoring organization-wide development efforts such as Employee Resource Groups and training.
- Implements diversity and inclusion plans that enable Subaru to progress on goals. Executes Inclusion strategy for Subaru of America (SOA).
- Partners with and builds strong relationships within the business and across Human Resources, particularly HR Business Partners, to understand business priorities and needs.
- Provides subject matter expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) through consulting with Subaru Leadership, ERG's, Subaru colleagues and external vendors and uses evidence-based best practices to drive results.
- Collaborate across the HR function to ensure that strategies and practices are rooted in creating, sustaining and developing our diverse and inclusive pipeline.
- Supports executive communications on Inclusion topics. Partners with internal communications team to regularly communicate internal and external diversity and inclusion initiatives, events and progress.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to the organization and partners on strategies and actionable goals to support diversity initiatives.
- Designs, launches, measures, tracks and analyzes the effectiveness of initiatives focused on creating a culture of inclusion that drives our retention strategies and includes the ability to predict future trends in our inclusion efforts.
- Acts as a subject matter expert with both colleagues within and outside of the HR function to design, develop and implement learning to support DE&I initiatives.
- Develops short- and long-term vision, strategy and planning for the growth and evolution of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Provides "outside the box" thought leadership and expertise in growing and supporting the ERGs.
- Partners with the Talent Management Team, HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition Team to remove biases from new and existing talent processes. In conjunction with Talent Acquisition, establishes relationships with historically black colleges and universities and other higher education institutions with large, under-represented/minority populations.
- Keeps current with leading research on DE&I initiatives by leveraging expertise and aligning with the Subaru Love Promise to influence behavior and culture.
- Provides benchmark and research analysis, including monitoring and reporting on diversity and inclusion topics and provides input to corporate wide survey.
- Ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders and present to all levels of employees (such as conducting presentations to build awareness and provide updates to stakeholders on progress/growth).
- Ability to interact effectively with external organizations and stakeholders (e.g., benchmarking, sharing best practices, survey participation, etc.)
- At least three (3) to five (5) years of professional experience in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space and/or human capital consulting.
- At least three (3) years of experience working with executives in a client-facing, consulting role.
- At least three (3) year of facilitation or public speaking experience
- Expertise in drawing meaningful insights from data to inform strategy, tell a narrative and operationalize solutions.
- Proven track record of execution through program management.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence key partners and to get results through collaboration.
- Ability to identify and track metrics of success (results and outcome orientation).
- Effective facilitator with ability to navigate difficult conversations with an executive audience.
Education/Experience: BA/BS(4 year degree) along with requisite years of experience leading work in the DE&I space.
Back to top