Director - Technical Training, Development and Delivery
Summary: Directs all aspects of national technical training, development, delivery, curriculum throughout the US including Subaru U. Provides strategic leadership, vision and support to the Technical Training Group. Maintains communication with internal and external contacts to support retailer technician education and delivery, field training quality assurance, budget and asset management.
- Establish and optimize technical training curriculum through innovative design, development and delivery for Subaru technicians.
- Structure technical career development through training assets and deliverables.
- Optimize training center seat-fill rates and TC (training center) locations to maximize throughput and meet developmental needs of retailers based on technician and UIO densities.
- Be an industry leader in technician development and retention, Subaru is recognized as a top, desirable career destination for Technicians.
- Oversee administration of Subaru University establishing standards, certifications and partnerships increasing the number of Subaru interns and technicians for retailers.
- Manage capital budget to optimize group performance and ROI.
- Evaluate team and project/program value and productivity regularly, providing threshold or pivot guidance where appropriate to redirect.
- Direct Technical Training Business Development activities including retailer development, retailer performance, and minimum standard analysis/compliance.
- Primary results can be measured in metrics that meet or exceed the business plan, effective field service actions that coordinate with the national focus, measurable and achievable retailer/regional PFS plans and select Service OLP results that meet business plan.
- Distill and quantify activities to assure enhanced CSI and ownership experience through repair integrity, speed, quality and FRFT performance.
- Communicate vision and direction to internal and external stakeholders.
- Motivate others to accomplish high level, high quality work.
- Work well with others to build advocacy and support for projects as well as the training and development group.
- Ability to prioritize multiple high impact projects.
- Strong conflict resolution, creative thinker and innovative ideas.
- Strong background in hands-on automotive repair and diagnosis, Subaru Senior Master Technician Certified Professional.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Knowledge of the Japanese business culture is a plus.
- Strong, clear communication to all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Strong analytical, strategic and organizational skills.
- Solid computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft applications are important.
- Demonstrate knowledge of facilities management, capital budgeting and financial management.
- Expert leadership experience including the management of high-caliber self-motivated managers. Ability to provide coaching, constructive feedback and direction to others.
- Expertise in product technical knowledge and project management (especially knowledge of best practices and industry trends), automotive technical service experience at the retail level, and ability to influence others.
- Experience in both design, development and delivery of technical training programs
- Travel up to 35% of time to Area Training Centers, field meetings, and SBR.
Education/Experience: BA/BS, Master's Degree preferred + 8-10 years of related experience in curriculum, training, design(preferably in automotive)
Meet Some of Subaru of America's Employees
Nytasha W.Zone Director
Nytasha communicates Subaru’s corporate marketing strategy to regional markets and retail locations throughout the U.S. She ensures Subaru’s messaging is consistent and on brand across all areas of the company.
Back to top