Director of IT- Governance
Director, Information Technology - IT Governance
The Director of IT Governance is responsible for the creation and management of the formal framework of best practices and controls that ensure that the IT department is delivering business value to the organization.
This role will provide leadership in PMO and Compliance strategy and ensure execution of supporting governance processes including:
- Alignment of IT strategy with business goals
- Optimization of IT processes to enable the organization to meet its corporate goals
- Ensure compliance with regulations related to financial and technological accountability
- Establishment of cost effective PMO practices that promote a stable IT environment that allows for growth, scale and change
- Ensure PMO standards are followed
- Effectively manage resource allocation across projects to ensure effective resource utilization
- Collaboration with other departments leaders to define, prioritize, and develop project requirements and programs.
- Ensure information concerning content such as deliverables, risks, issues, and mitigation plans are passed to internal teams, stakeholders, and management.
- Responsible for the overall IT department budget estimation and projected spend
- Foster a positive work environment that promotes productivity, innovation, and fairness.
- Build relationships within IT and with our critical business partners
- Ensure full visibility of critical initiatives and issues to all levels throughout the organization.
- Improve consistency, predictability, and efficiency of the organizations project delivery capability.
- Manage the support and development of systems related to the following areas:
- IT Governance
- Project Management Office (PMO)
- Incident Management
- Change Control
Must have a bachelor's degree with 10-12 years of experience. PMI and ITIL certification and MBA would be a plus. Experience in automotive industry preferred.
Demonstrated experience in overseeing IT Governance
- Excellent presentation, project management, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work successfully in a cross functional team environment
- Proven record of implementing multiple small, medium or large application or technology projects from conception to completion.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Experience with Waterfall and/or Agile approaches to software development and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in developing and guiding project managers for them to manage their project plans, budgets and projections and present data clearly, concisely and accurately
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to analyze and report to senior management on project plan, budgets and projections.
- Critical thinking, ability to challenge others and drive productivity, while maintaining strong/positive business relationships both internal and external
- Skilled staff and vendor management
- Experience with managing offshore teams
Meet Some of Subaru of America's Employees
National Field Marketing Manager
Nytasha communicates Subaru’s corporate marketing strategy to regional markets and retail locations throughout the U.S. She ensures Subaru’s messaging is consistent and on brand across all areas of the company.
Back to top