Database Administrator - Applications
Designs, implements, maintains and repairs of the organization's database(s) and Oracle E-Business Suite and Siebel applications. Ensures that the underlying technologies provide users with flexibility in the management, access, retrieval, sharing, security, and configuration of the large amounts of data held by many systems.
- Configure and maintain Oracle E-Business Suite application infrastructure
- Install and configure Siebel Applications Infrastructure including but not limited to web servers, middleware servers, forms & report servers and other components related to the assigned application product.
- Create, administer, and maintain all corporate production and development database systems
- Perform routine application administration functions such as component shutdown/startup, concurrent/job process and queue management, changing profile settings, and security tasks (login creation, passwords) of assigned applications.
- Upgrade and patch database and applications systems.
- Defines and/or implements access controls to the relational data.
- Ensures maximum uptime and performance.
- Assists programmers and engineers with efficiently utilizing the database.
- Investigates and resolves any problems arising with company database or assigned applications systems.
- Maintain and verify database backups
- Provides 7x24 production support
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree, and 6 to 8 years of related experience. Knowledge of current Oracle RDBMS versions is required. Experience with administering Oracle E-Business Suite and Siebel application components is also required.
This position's title (Engineer/Senior/Lead) will vary based upon candidate's ability and experience. Subaru of America will provide relocation assistance if needed.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative to find solutions for business requirements.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Possess knowledge to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions.
- Familiar with Unix (Solaris) and Linux (RedHat) operating systems
- A background in database administration that includes: administration, development, design, backup & restoration, scalability, capacity & reporting, data migration, data warehousing, data mining, and reporting.
- Database performance enhancement and tuning.
- Database scalability, sizing and capacity.
- Proficient in SQL and SQL tuning procedures.
Back to top