Business Analyst (IT Governance)
The Business Analyst (BA) will work in the IT Governance team and collaborate with IT and our business partners to understand relevant processes, procedures and requirements and translate to documented solutions in line with industry standards, SOA's PMO, JSOX and other requirements, and other IT governance needs.
Identify gaps, provide missing components, and recommend improvements.
- Support IT Governance objectives through inventorying, updating/refining, adding to, maintaining and educating all interested parties on IT Departmental policies and controls. Publishing regular status reporting on efforts to standardize and improve IT Governance practices.
- Collaborates with IT teams to ensure compliance with JSOX standards.
- Perform and participate in periodic audits of IT Governance compliance.
- Support SOA's overall change management process, ensuring that all items follow the appropriate change management processes and are managed through Subaru's ServiceNow ITSM system.
- Support IT Strategy development and maintenance by learning about Subaru of America's Business Units' current and out-year business initiatives and working with IT development teams to create strategic approaches to meet these business initiatives. Create, maintain and publish regular progress reports on IT projects and their alignment to business initiatives.
- Support cross-project team, cross business unit initiatives helping to ensure visibility of resource needs and proper planning of resources.
- This role will help support the implementation of Subaru's ServiceNow (Project and Portfolio and Cost Management) application. This includes working with our Offshore and partner teams to articulate user requests, facilitate cross-team resource collaboration and provide training support.
- Participates in design reviews and walk-throughs of ServiceNow enhancements and changes to communicate system designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Builds strong rapport with IT and business teams and proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Exceptional documentation skills including ability to document use cases and process flows
- Capable of working independently, a self-starter who performs initiatives that provide solutions for business requirements.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Basic understanding of information technology and business concepts.
- Understands the business issues and data challenges of the enterprise and industry.
- Excellent communicator with strong business analysis, reporting and presentation skills.
- Expertise in business planning, management, problem solving, customer focus & relationship building.
- Knowledge and use of an IT Governance framework such as COBIT.
- Developing or working with a corporate PMO.
- ROI or Benefits-based project prioritization/selection processes.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems with 4 to 6 years of related experience. If no degree, must have 6 to 8 years of equivalent experience.
Back to top