TREAD & Emission Report Specialist
Summary: Assist the NASI with ensuring Subaru's compliance with the TREAD Act (Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation) by collaborating with Subaru IT and individual Subaru business units that manage TREAD reportable data. Submit the TREAD quarterly reports and other requested information to NHTSA accurately and on time. Oversee Early Warning Reporting (EWR) regulatory filings/company-wide training to ensure company compliance to TREAD Act regulations.
Assist in coordination of IUVP In-Use-Vehicle Program and other in-use testing related to emission compliance. Create and submit reports to EPA/CARB as required
- Review TREAD reportable files for significant events by using TREAD rules, judge whether a significant event has taken place using Government guidelines and personal technicl knowledge.
- Review records for safety related issues and report to NASI-Vehicle Safety Oversight Manager.
- Use software applications, including Business Objects, to identify product issues and trends to improve product quality.
- Ensure Subaru data integrity by checking the accuracy and validity of quarterly TREAD reports.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of TREAD Final Rule, rule changes, and Compendium for Early Warning Reporting
- Assist in the preparation of responses to NHTSA inquiries concerning the safety and compliance of Subaru vehicles.
- Prepare and submit TREAD quarterly report to VSO Manager.
- Develop operating procedures and trainig for Subaru VSO TREAD work processes.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with TREAD regulations.
- Work with internal Subaru departments, including IT, to ensure data accuracy.
- Additional ad-hoc reports when requested by NHTSA.
- At least an Associates Degree in Automotive Technology is required.
- Knowledge of TREAD requirements and reporting to NHTSA.
- Strong skills with MS Office, Oracle, MS Access, etc.
- Japanese language skill is a plus, but, if not, incumbent should be willing to learn Japanese.
Education/Experience: BA/BS Preferred + 4-6 years of related experience
Meet Some of Subaru's Employees
Connected Vehicle Program Manager
As a member of the Product Management Team, Mike is responsible for the strategy and delivery of in-vehicle technology. With customer needs in mind, the team is able to design and bring these new features to market.
Back to top