Technical Service Representative
Provide technical assistance to retailer technicians through the Technical Help Line using best practices, research, and follow up. Create Siebel cases on vehicles within warranty and when repair or troubleshooting suggestions are provided. Maintain or improve technician status through instructor-led and web-based training classes. Provide technical assistance to Customer Retailer Services and other internal departments. Complete special projects.
- Answer phone calls and provide technical assistance to retailer technicians to aid in the repair of customer conditions along with documenting suggestions and final repairs in Siebel.
- Follow established guidelines to ensure projects are completed within recognized time lines.
- Handles priority and difficult issues as it relates to repair and troubleshooting of the Subaru product, use resources to identify and provide suggestions to retailer technicians.
- Establish communication between the other team members, as well as quality assurance team members to stay current on the latest conditions/repair suggestions or diagnostic information. Share new information with the team.
- Complete authorization requests as assigned.
- Review Subaru Select Monitor data files to identify problems. If unable to determine the cause of a problem, work with available resources to a resolution unless it is determined it is a normal operating characteristic.
- Participate in bi-weekly meetings with the other Techline Associates to review new or updated information provided by quality assurance or FUSA groups.
- During meetings encourage participation from the group to review difficult or unusual cases reported from dealer technicians.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong conflict resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Have a strong background in hands-on automotive repair and diagnosis.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to provide direction to others using strong phone skills.
AA/AS Degree with 4-6 years of relevant experience. Prior experience working on Subaru vehicles preferred.
Meet Some of Subaru's Employees
Connected Vehicle Program Manager
As a member of the Product Management Team, Mike is responsible for the strategy and delivery of in-vehicle technology. With customer needs in mind, the team is able to design and bring these new features to market.
Back to top