Port Quality Assurance Manager
Responsible for the development, implementation, management, and maintenance of all SOA quality assurance programs at the import port locations. Additional responsibilities include supervising onsite Quality Assurance (QA) personnel and daily interaction with SOA Sales Operations associates, and an onsite processor. Main responsibilities focus on vehicle build/assembly quality and vehicle Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) and accessorization.
- Manages all port service related quality programs.
- Manages vehicle build quality programs.
- Acts as the onsite arbiter for vehicle defect rating and grading.
- Manages all aspects of accessory installation programs through processor.
- Manages all aspects of the port PDI Program through processor.
- Manages all aspects of port related new model launch programs including new model and new accessory testing and development assist.
- Manages all aspects of port related campaigns, stop ships, stop sales, special testing, and parts collection programs.
- Manages and directs a staff in the most efficient way possible to best accomplish primarily responsibilities.
- Learns the technical specification and function differences between each model and train the processor/Inspectors as appropriate.
- Works with Sales Operations and processor management to maximize port throughput.
- Establishes goals and targets for various inspection and auditing activities. Reviews and approves SOS/SOI (work instructions) for use by processor.
- Manages onsite accessory discrepant parts program.
- Performs time studies as required for new models, new accessories.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Background in quality assurance or knowledge of quality program fundamentals.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills. Ability to direct and train a group and get results in a timely fashion. Ability to make difficult decisions.
- Acts as the onsite expert for technical and mechanical issues, specific Subaru experience, and knowledge is required.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere among several different onsite groups, departments, and companies. Some experience and ability with mediation and conflict resolution.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills for interaction with personnel from a variety of groups, companies, and levels.
- Strong computer skills including ability to keep excellent records and maintain a database, use of all Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of SOA and specialty programs including Subarunet, Oracle, SMART, STIS, Web TR, parts and labor guides, data collection software.
- Experience with digital cameras, data collection scanners, and specialty vehicle diagnostic and testing equipment.
BA/BS 4 year degree preferred + 6-10 years of related experience.
Meet Some of Subaru's Employees
Connected Vehicle Program Manager
As a member of the Product Management Team, Mike is responsible for the strategy and delivery of in-vehicle technology. With customer needs in mind, the team is able to design and bring these new features to market.
Back to top