Summary: Manages the overall port operation, which includes receipt, vessel off-loading scheme, vehicle survey and inspection, inventory management, daily processing production, scheduling, carrier release, rail operations, and regional/logistics interface. In some port locations requires the management of export vehicles.
- Manages daily processing requirements.
- Manages facility operations.
- Effective communications of SOA's shipping schedules.
- Communicates with external processing and transport vendors throughout their organization.
- Manages accessory/parts ordering and daily inventory requirements.
- Effective usage of Oracle based data systems.
- Understands transport carrier requirements.
- Available on a 24/7 basis.
- Familiar with Ice Station and IT requirements at port.
- Understands Custom's documentation and requirements.
- Familiar with skilled (longshoremen & teamster) labor rules and agreements.
- Understands property/lease liabilities.
- Highly motivated and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen negotiations skills in a waterfront environment.
- Understanding of SOA Oracle systems and communicate network and Ice station issues.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
Education/Experience: BA/BS(4 year degree) preferred + a minimum of 8-10 years of related experience
Meet Some of Subaru's Employees
Connected Vehicle Program Manager
As a member of the Product Management Team, Mike is responsible for the strategy and delivery of in-vehicle technology. With customer needs in mind, the team is able to design and bring these new features to market.
Back to top