Field Service Engineer
Location: Baltimore, MD area
The Field Service Engineer will travel to retailers on a regular basis to proactively monitor and investigate the product quality and effectiveness of product improvements and assist retailers with difficult diagnosis and repairs, provide training support and assist the retailer in developing the retailer's technical staff.
When not traveling, they will provide technical support via phone to Subaru retailers and DPSMs and review field reports to identify new opportunities.
The Field Service Engineer will lead root cause field investigations, either independently or with FHI and SOA personnel. They will be the SOA Tech Group representative for Quick Response Activity (QRA) and other quality investigations in conjunction with FUSA, SIA and FHI.
They will review repair procedures and advise on Service Equipment needs. They will educate the retailer technicians on proper diagnostic and repair procedures when investigating, to enable the technicians to perform the job on their own in the future.
They will study repurchase and trade assisted vehicles and provide recommendations to reduce similar cases from re-occurrence . Additionally, they must be comfortable with acting as the spokesperson/witness when needed on contested Lemon Law/warranty matters.
Education/Experience: BA/BS in Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering + 6-8 years of related technical service experience. ASE certification a plus
Skill Requirements :
- Knowledge of operation of Subaru specific systems (or demonstrated ability to learn new/proprietary SOA systems), vehicle characteristics and general automotive repair procedures.
- Diagnostic and technical skills.
- Attend and pass all SOA technical training courses. Attend and pass all 8 ASE's and maintain a Senior Master level
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- This position requires professional flexibility that will allow the individual to adapt to existing skill sets in an effort to succeed in a changing business climate.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills are necessary.
Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a driving record that is acceptable or probationary under the SOA Driving Record Evaluation Criteria Policy. Must be approved as an "Authorized Driver" by Risk Mgmt. to operate company vehicle prior to vehicle operation.
Meet Some of Subaru's Employees
Connected Vehicle Program Manager
As a member of the Product Management Team, Mike is responsible for the strategy and delivery of in-vehicle technology. With customer needs in mind, the team is able to design and bring these new features to market.
Back to top