UX Researcher (Remote)
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the UX Researcher do?
As a User Experience (UX) Researcher at Student Loan Hero, you’ll be an early member of a small design team seeking to educate and empower student loan borrowers, and will serve as an advocate for the user within the organization. You’ll work closely with our Lead UX Researcher, Product Designers and Product Managers to research and identify user needs and derive insights that inform product strategy and design decisions.
We’re looking for someone who is a systems thinker and natural empath with entry-level research experience under their belt; ideally someone with strong experience in 1-2 methods, but who is familiar with the breadth of user research methods and looking to expand their toolkit.
A successful candidate is passionate about applying the human-centered design process to problems big and small (from uncovering insights about user mental models and documenting insights in a user journeymap, to recommending nitty gritty interaction design and usability improvements), and is comfortable managing all aspects of the user research process from selecting and recruiting participants to synthesizing and sharing insights.
- Recruit participants for and perform website usability testing on a regular basis (remote moderated and unmoderated using tools like usertesting.com, Zoom, and InVision).
- Assist the Lead UX Researcher in identifying other research opportunities and developing hypothesis in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Assist in selecting and applying both generative and evaluative research method(s) to gather insights at every stage of the product development process (from user interviews, Job-To-Be-Done, and contextual inquiry to heuristic evaluation, usability testing, and card sorting).
- Synthesize insights into actionable deliverables including research reports, personas, and customer journeys, and communicate results creatively and effectively throughout the entire organization.
- Inspire company-wide ideation and problem solving by bringing our users’ needs to life.
- Partner with analytics and customer support to understand user needs from multiple perspectives.
- Regularly educate and involve internal stakeholders in the research process.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Los Angeles, Santiago, and St. Petersburg, Russia.
Since we’re located all over the world, communication using Slack, Gmail, Jira, Zoom, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
Because we’re a growing company, most team members wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them, and we place value on the output of each team member, not on the number of hours you spend working.
Transparency plays a large part in our culture and values. We believe team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
We also like to make work as fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
- 1-3 years of experience developing user research plans (defining goals, users, timelines, appropriate research methodology/activities) and conducting research.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology and/or related degree required.
- Must be proficient in at least 1-2 research methods (usability testing, surveying, contextual inquiry, etc.) and be comfortable analyzing both qual and quant data.
- Must have knowledge and/or experience with remote and unmoderated usability testing.
- Experience applying research in an Agile or start-up environment strongly prefered.
- Good communicator and storyteller.
- Insatiably curious, and a natural empath.
- Design Thinking knowledge (preferred)
- Experience in the finance or FinTech space (preferred)
- Experience in working remotely (preferred)
- Availability to travel up to one week per quarter for work-related activities and events (required)
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook Pro, and a $1,000 technology stipend to purchase a desk or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and 75% for dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Participate in our Learning Reward Program that pays you for your professional development! We also reimburse up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn.
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, as well as a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.
Back to top