Product Manager (Remote)
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero, Inc. is helping 200,000+ borrowers manage and eliminate over $3.5 billion dollars in student loan debt. We’re on a mission to help 44 million Americans manage their student loans smarter.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Product Manager do?
As a leader of one of Student Loan Hero’s Product teams, the mission of the Product Manager is to craft a vision and strategy for your team’s products, and execute on that strategy effectively. The Product Manager will collaborate with the team in each phase of the product development lifecycle, including user research and analysis, ideation, planning, and execution. You’ll work closely with Designers, Analysts, User Researchers, and Engineers to ship high-quality tests and features that have an impact on the lives of student loan borrowers.
- Create and maintain your team’s roadmap.
- Define KPIs for your team so you can track performance.
- Create a backlog with user stories, and consistently review those with your team.
- Manage prioritization of work in the backlog with your team.
- Hold daily huddles to keep team members in sync, and resolve any issues during bi-weekly sprints.
- Review product and design decisions with stakeholders on a regular basis to gather input.
- Participate in user research efforts so you can better understand our customer’s needs.
- Consistently scan the marketplace for competitors, inspiration, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Los Angeles, Santiago, and St. Petersburg, Russia.
Since we’re located all over the world, communication using Slack, Gmail, Jira, Zoom, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend working.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency - we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Track record of shipping high quality web and/or mobile products and experiences
- Experience with multivariate (A/B) testing and revenue optimization
- Experience using data from web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics and Heap)
- Proven track record of working within budget and on time
- Experience working on revenue and conversion optimization projects (preferred)
- Experience with B2C products that help people make financial decisions (preferred).
- Experience with personal finance products (preferred).
- Masters in Business Administration (preferred).
- Experience in working remotely (preferred)
- Availability to travel up to one week per quarter for work-related activities and events
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook Pro, and a $1,000 technology stipend to purchase a desk or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, as well as a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.
Back to top