Customer Experience Associate (Remote)
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero, Inc. is helping 200,000+ borrowers manage and eliminate over $3.5 billion dollars in student loan debt. We’re on a mission to help 44 million Americans manage their student loans smarter.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Customer Experience Associate do?
The Customer Experience Associate is responsible for providing unbiased, prompt, and accurate information to our customers. From answering technical product questions to providing relevant financial resources, this person is responsible for providing clear, easy-to-understand information, and ensuring all customer questions are resolved. This position is also responsible for soliciting feedback and initiating conversations with SLH’s customers to identify opportunities for improvement in the overall customer experience.
The Customer Experience Associate should be comfortable handling personal, and potentially sensitive information from SLH customers and should be professional and empathetic in all customer communications.
The ideal candidate for this position should have an entrepreneurial mindset and be ready to take on and initiate new projects as they see the need arise.
- Serve as a representative of and subject matter expert for our site and our business.
- Engage directly with customers to provide prompt, personalized, and complete resolutions to their questions and requests.
- Provide detailed documentation around all customer issues using the SLH support framework, and escalate issues as needed.
- Plan and execute strategic customer outreach initiatives to gather insights.
- Consistently analyze, prioritize, and share customer feedback to inform the overall customer experience.
- Provide onboarding and technical support, helping investigate issues or bugs reported by customers, and reporting them to Engineering.
- Leverage SLH’s existing educational assets, while identifying gaps in our resources.
- Create and update product documentation as needed.
- Create and update customer-facing support tools as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Los Angeles, Santiago, and St. Petersburg, Russia.
Since we’re located all over the world, communication using Slack, Gmail, Jira, Zoom, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend working.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency - we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years in a customer experience or customer engagement role.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and active listening.
- Must exhibit empathy and compassion for customers.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to work under limited supervision.
- Experience planning and executing customer feedback strategy and analysis is required.
- Experience working with customer ticketing and support platforms is required.
- Experience working with project management and collaboration platforms is required.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Strong judgement and decision making abilities.
- Natural curiosity with a strong aptitude to learn quickly.
- Solid organizational skills and comfort using cloud based storage tools.
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines.
- Availability to travel up to one week per quarter for work-related activities and events.
- Experience working remotely (preferred).
- Experience gathering customer feedback for a Product or Engineering team (preferred).
- Experience creating customer tutorials or other support tools (preferred).
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook Pro, and a $1,000 technology stipend to purchase a desk or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and 75% of premiums for dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, as well as a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.
Back to top