Content Partnerships Manager (Remote)
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero, Inc. is helping 200,000+ borrowers manage and eliminate over $3.5 billion dollars in student loan debt. We’re on a mission to help 44 million Americans manage their student loans smarter.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Content Partnerships Manager do?
The mission of the Content Partnerships Manager is to secure, coordinate, and manage relationships between SLH and outside content partners, resulting in syndicated and contributed content on partner websites. We’ve already been successful in securing syndication partnerships with sites like AOL, MarketWatch, and Business Insider. We’re now looking for a candidate to join our PR team to manage these relationships and build new ones, while taking our content partnerships program to the next level.
In addition to hundreds of posts syndicated from the Student Loan Hero blog, we’ve been featured in The New York Times, Business Insider, The Huffington Post, Forbes, and Entrepreneur, to name just a few publications.
The ideal candidate for this position should have an entrepreneurial mind-set and be ready to take on and initiate new projects as he or she sees the need arise.
- Secures new content syndication and original content partnerships on a regular basis through email communication and phone meetings
- Secures one-off contributed content opportunities through cold pitch emailing
- Maintains relationships with current partners through email, phone and in-person communication
- Crafts daily/weekly digests of partner articles for potential syndication
- Works with our content software Skyword, to input and retrieve articles for original content partners
- Tracks media placements and analyzes editorial trends, referral traffic, and backlinks
- Identifies current partner needs as well as areas of opportunity for editorial content
- Participates in monthly editorial calendar meetings to communicate the past month’s findings and next month’s partner needs
- Collaborates heavily with the content team as well as other departments, including but not limited to analytics, email, social and legal
- Other duties as assigned
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Los Angeles, Santiago, and St. Petersburg, Russia.
Since we’re located all over the world, communication using Slack, Gmail, Jira, Zoom, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend working.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency - we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, marketing, or related studies, preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with online content, digital PR, or related field, required
- At least 1 year of content partnership management/secured experience, required
- Demonstrated ability to pitch and secure an online syndication partner, required
- Content ideation experience, preferred
- Basic understand of SEO, preferred
- Experience in working remotely (preferred)
- Availability to travel up to one week per quarter for work-related activities and events as well as 2+ times a year for partner meetings
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook Pro, and a $1,000 technology stipend to purchase a desk or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Participate in our Learning Reward Program that pays you for your professional development! We also reimburse up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn.
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, as well as a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.
Back to top