Staff Test Engineer - Software
Who we want
If you are a hands-on engineer that is energized by an innovative and fast paced environment, then this role in the Medical Test Lab may be a great opportunity for you. It involves aspects of project management, design, automation, and team collaboration across multiple products and technologies. Flexibility in the role also encourages leading with your strengths, with opportunities to specialize in any of the essential duties listed below. This role also provides many opportunities for career growth.
What you will do
- Innovate - Apply broad knowledge of engineering principles to design advanced test systems and methods supporting product development, including design of automated electromechanical systems.
- Project Manage - Partner with product teams to build and execute comprehensive test plans, including coordination of outsourced testing with 3rd party labs when necessary.
- Research - Build testing capability by investigating and implementing advancements in statistical techniques, test methods, control systems, data acquisition, analytics, or software testing automation.
- Collaborate - Build relationships with Test Lab, R&D, Quality, and Regulatory teams through project activities to deliver results.
- Expertise - Consult as a subject matter expert across the organization regarding software test methods, software lifecycle, industry standards, reliability tools, data acquisition, and other test technologies.
What you need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer, Software or Electrical Engineering, or demonstrated proficiency in software testing with a related engineering or science degree.
- Minimum experience of 4 years either operating data acquisition and creating test control systems, coding in LabVIEW, coding in Python, or developing embedded systems.
- Proven expertise with LabVIEW, Python, C, or MATLAB, and an understanding and use of analytical methods/tools for analyzing software platforms.
- Collaborating across functions, including R&D, Quality, and Test to define product and testing requirements, and to complete verification testing to those requirements.
- Experience with Test Stand or Veristand preferred, experience with validation and verification preferred.
- Eagerness to assist internal and external customers, ability to work with minimal supervision.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top