Staff Engineer, Software
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking Staff Engineer, Software a located in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Who we want:
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
User-focused creators. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients' lives.
Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what's next.
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do:
- As a Software Staff Engineer, you will develop GUI software applications for use by Orthopedic Surgeons to allow them to plan and perform their procedures to their plans while helping to build this competency on our team.
- This role will be a key contributor to the software development process for Linux-based applications as part of medical devices.
- This includes assisting with the architecture development of real-time and non-real-time software, owning the design, implementation, and testing of software modules, and performing associated software development tasks (requirements development, configuration management, issue/bug tracking, and risk management).
- The opportunity to collaborate is a key part of the role including with electrical (hardware) engineers on defining HW requirements, with other SW engineers on developing protocols for interfacing with multi-processer environments, the QA department on SW verification testing, and the project management team on breaking down work, scheduling, risks, and project updates.
- Finally, as a member of the software community within Stryker, you will participate in the greater Stryker software community to continually improve the way we work.
What you need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience developing production software in a team environment using C, C++, Java, or a similar language
- Experience developing software applications
- Understanding of software reliability, fault detection/isolation, and performance algorithm techniques
- Understanding of "clean code"
- Understanding of data structures and how that ties in with algorithm performance (big O)
- Experience with git or SVN
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top