Sr Design Engineer - EE
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking a Sr Design Engineer located in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Who we want:
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to understand and meet changing customer needs.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
What you will do:
Sr. Design Electrical Engineer position on an R&D team responsible for research design, development, testing, and refinement of components and sub-systems in electrical engineering. Works with a minimum of supervision, conferring with superiors on unusual matters. Knows and applies the fundamental and some advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of practical field of specialization
- Conducts standard, as well as non-standard tasks under close supervision and guidance of more experienced staff.
- Keeps supervisor informed regularly on the status of work.
- Design, development, testing & refinement of components and sub-systems.
- Under general supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility.
- Exercises discretion and at times independent judgment when performing work.
- Assignments may be broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity
What you need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years of applicable experience required
- Basic project management (small project scope definition, task management, define deliverables) preferred.
- Knowledge of OrCAD, Mentor Graphic, Labview, Matlab, Mathcad, simulation software, C/C++ and Visual Basic preferred.
- Experience in designing embedded microcontroller/microprocessor-based hardware boards & system design
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC and board layout design guidelines
- Tools: Logic analyzer, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, multimeter, etc.
- Knowledge in embedded system design is preferred
- Understanding the integration of software and hardware required.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to assist internal and external customers.
- Fundamental understanding of IPC and IEC requirements, as well as ISO organization related to electrical, is preferred
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top