Software Engineer - Surgical Power Tools
It's time to join Stryker!
We are a great place to work. Fortune, in association with Great Place to Work, named us among the World's Best Workplaces. We ranked #10 out of the 25 companies on the list. This list highlights companies that have gone above and beyond to create a great workplace for employees all over the world. Fortune also named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the United States. This is the ninth consecutive year we have been on the list, and we ranked #11 out of 100.
Who We Want
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
User-focused creators. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients' lives.
Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what's next.
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What You Will Do
You will advise the team and conduct R&D and technical studies, as well as perform a wide variety of technical work which will lead to new or improved products/product lines under marketing, cost, time and regulatory construction.
You will perform a wide variety of technical work in planning and design of products and or components and in the development, application and approval of design modifications to increase production quality and/or quality.
- As a Software Staff Engineer, you will be focused on development and production of surgical power tool systems.
- This includes assisting with the architecture development of real-time and non-real-time software, owning the design, implementation, and testing of software modules, and performing associated software development tasks (requirements development, configuration management, issue/bug tracking, and risk management).
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate as a key part of this role, including with electrical (hardware) engineers on defining HW requirements, with other SW engineers on developing protocols for interfacing with multi-processer environments, the QA department on SW verification testing, and the project management team on breaking down work, scheduling, risks, and project updates.
- You will plan and conduct engineering research, design, development and/or manufacturing engineering projects.
- You will monitor and control progress of projects to ensure sound application of engineering principles are used and design intent is being followed/achieved.
- You will provide input to project management on scheduling, milestone achievement, and project challenges.
- You will submit periodic reports on assigned topics to appropriate personnel.
- You will train others on functionally related topics.
- You will evaluate the results of projects and provide manufacturing guidance/assistance as needed.
- You will develop requirements and perform software hazard analysis.
- You will architect and design the functionality as per design controls.
- You will implement software in C/C++ as per coding guidelines.
- You will prepare and execute test plans for unit, integration and system level tests.
What You Need
- B.S. in Engineering
- Masters of Science in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- 4+ years of equivalent experience
- Experience developing software to control multi-actuator, electro-mechanical systems
- Understanding of software reliability, fault detection/isolation, and performance algorithm techniques.
- Experience in all phases of software development, from concept generation through production
- Understanding of the validation and verification process.
Why Stryker? "It's the people." That's the answer you'll hear most often when you ask our employees why they love working here. Come join our team in Kalamazoo at Stryker!"
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top