Senior Staff Engineer, Mechanical
Who we want:
User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing products that help change patients' lives.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices and products.
Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
What you will do:
The Senior Staff Engineer, Mechanical designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electronic and/or mechanical components assemblies, or subsystems for mechanical and/or electromechanical medical devices under specific time, regulatory and cost constraints. In this role you will determine and ensure the use of specific design approaches and parameters and will conduct feasibility studies on new designs. This position analyzes equipment to establish operating data, ensure experimental tests are conducted and evaluate the results.
Some responsibilities include:
- Selecting components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Aiding in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, have manufacturability and are reliable.
- Assisting in evaluating vendor capability to support development.
- Submitting periodic reports on assigned topics to supervisor.
- Interact telephonically and in person with customer to resolve product issues.
- May be assigned to the engineering efforts of a specific product or product line.
- May coordinate the activities of 1 or more employees.
- May provide feedback on the performance of 1 or more employees based on pre-established performance parameters.
What you need:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- Minimum 6+ years design engineering, or related experience.
- Working knowledge of ProE or CAD design software
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top