Who we want
- Creative Process Development Engineers for development of a state-of-the-art polymer additive manufacturing process.
- Disruptive thinkers who will challenge the current traditional manufacturing processes within the industry, with innovative new ideas.
- Team orientated engineer capable of engaging with multiple divisions at all levels
- Motivated product launchers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
- Strong Research aptitude. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
What you will do
You will be working within a global team of dedicated process development engineers with the aim of commercializing disruptive new additive technologies for the medical device industry. You will drive the innovation and development of new materials and techniques with an emphasis on the manufacturing process, technology and procedures required for the manufacture of new products.
You will also use the latest engineering techniques to reduce product time to market while adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and product costs.
Specific responsibilities of the Staff Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deep dive research into the chemistry and mechanical properties of new additively formed materials
- Provide engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the Stryker new product development procedures
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications
- Will assist in the selection of components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements; work with quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols
- Support capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, installation and validation
- Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and results analysis; lead and/or participate in process review meetings
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches
- Complete capability studies for in-process inspection and generate subsequent inspection documentation
- Must be willing to travel to vendors locations and global team meetings/ events
What you need
- B.S in Mechanical/ Chemical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 2 -4 years of relevant professional experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- The individual should enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and results orientated team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organize and implement concurrent tasks
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and the ability to understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of statistics associated tools is a plus
Work From Home: Not available
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top