Senior Embedded Software Test Engineer
Our Instruments group is the leader in creating products that make surgery more efficient, reduce trauma and improve techniques.
We are known for a wide range of innovative operating room products, from leading surgical power tools to personal protection and waste/ fluid management. Our goal is to improve the surgical and patient experience by developing products that are more reliable and less complicated to use.
Who we want
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
Peek at our amazing culture here: https://bit.ly/2yKmIac
What you will do:
As a Software Engineer you will provide support and direction for software development, requirement traceability, and testing of software for launch of new medical devices. Act as quality representative for software development lifecycle (SDLC) necessary to fulfill Stryker requirements as well as FDA and international regulations.
- Develop software according to SDLC with primary points of focus on planning, defining requirements, testing, and deployment.
- Co-develops software solutions by conducting research to understand user needs, data usage, systems flow, work processes, problem areas and bug reporting, and driving good code practices.
- Provide engineering input to impact the design, coding and debugging of software in various coding languages including SOUP software.
- Performs software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis
- Performs Software build, Maintenance, and change control. Maintains software configuration management in Perforce.
- Lead project team through Software Defect Management in all phases of development.
- Collaboration with other engineering disciplines, such as electrical, mechanical and industrial design, to ensure that embedded software will accomplish design goals for a product or system.
- Help guide New Product Development teams through our quality system to ensure software is developed in compliance to internal procedures as well as the requirements of the FDA, ISO, and other regulatory bodies
- Review and evaluate project documentation for compliance as well as sound technical competence to ensure we are delivering robust products.
- Perform software risk analysis and develop risk control measures and test strategies to ensure safe and reliable products are launched to Stryker's high-quality standards.
What you need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent discipline is required.
- Regulated industry experience such as Medical, Aerospace, Defense, Communication, and/or automotive embedded software control experience is a plus.
- 2-3 years' experience in an equivalent position within an R&D environment is preferred
- A minimum of three years' experience in software test or quality is a distinct advantage
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top