Senior Embedded Software Engineer
It's time to join Stryker!
We are a great place to work. Fortune, in association with Great Place to Work, named us among the World's Best Workplaces. We ranked #10 out of the 25 companies on the list. This list highlights companies that have gone above and beyond to create a great workplace for employees all over the world. Fortune also named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the United States. This is the ninth consecutive year we have been on the list, and we ranked #11 out of 100!
Take a peek at our amazing culture here: https://www.youtube.com/user/stryker
Who We Want
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
As a software engineer, you will get an opportunity to work within a fast-paced product engineering environment on an array of technical challenges. As part of this team, you will interface with cross functional team members both on a local and global scale. You would be able to have inputs into all phases of product development as well as have opportunities to see our product in action via customer visits and workshops.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Design and development of embedded software code
- Generate software requirements specifications
- Development of software verification and validation tests
- Debug software and hardware/schematics at high level using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and simulators.
- C/C++, Object Oriented Coding
- Collaboration with electrical engineers to define microprocessor and interface requirements
- Plan, design, develop and test software systems and applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Write software that will interact with and control complex electromechanical systems.
What you need
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Ability to debug software and hardware/schematics at high level using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and simulators.
- Demonstrate mastery in system level software (drivers, RTOS, and test applications) in an embedded environment.
- C/C++, Object Oriented Coding
- Knowledge in embedded system design required.
Other Things to Consider
- Industry training is available to each team member on a yearly basis - whether conferences, online courses or onsite group training.
- Our team can take advantage of flexible work hours when needed -development activities do not need to always take place in the office.
- Top performers have ample opportunity for advancement within R&D and the corporation.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top