Manager, Value Engineering
Who we want
Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members.
Compliance-focused orchestrators. Managers who carefully oversee people, processes, and deliverables to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
Quality-focused team drivers. People who push their team to deliver the highest quality products and solutions in a timely manner.
What will you do
Leads a team of cost engineers and provides category specific technical input for value engineering, and project management expertise. Builds trust with cross-functional leaders, and shares expertise in translating ideas into value for the organization.
This is a management position that contributes and achieves results through others. The role is responsible for managing subordinates in professional jobs or managing through subordinate manager/ supervisors or is a leader of process that achieves results through others, whom are not direct reports.
- Develop and activate a group of cost engineers in the specific category which they cover, irrespective of the division
- Provide input to Sourcing into part selection for Value Engineering
- Provide guidance to Value Engineering team on i) sourcing competitor products for tear-down, and ii) coordinating tear-down and ideation workshops
- Coordinate with cross functional stakeholders to generate insights
- Help teams build preliminary view on impact and feasibility to help prioritize and focus resources
- Driving excellence throughout execution of the agile sprints
- Partner with and support Sourcing teams in supplier negotiations
Who we want
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience working for a technology type company (e.g., consumer durables, healthcare) in product development related functions
- Strong understanding of technical / operational systems to understand system implications of specific ideas
- Comfort with conflict and debate. Not afraid to raise politically unpopular views where required
- Experience in other related functions (such as supplier auditing and negotiations, supply chain management) and change management experience gained e.g. in lean manufacturing a plus
- Strong networking, communication and presentation skills, as the ability to deploy cost engineering effectively and to get stakeholders to embed these practices will be critical to long term capability building
- Ability to network across functions to obtain information about status of Value Engineering ideas
- Track record of leading technical teams
- Relationships with downstream Operations (Mfg, Sourcing, SCM) PMs to integrate Value Engineering ideas with execution pipeline and support them in realizing the identified opportunities
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top