User Interface Designer
As the user interface designer you will be working on concepts and user interfaces for Stryker’s application product line. Create workflows, prototypes, and guidelines for the user interfaces in order to simplify the user interaction and improve efficiency in the operating room. Support user and design research including usability studies, ethnographic field research, user surveys, prototype testing and competitive product analysis.
- Design: Develop user interfaces for a variety of robotically assisted orthopedic surgery applications, databases and websites.
- Usability Testing: Support usability tests to solve problems with interfaces and make them not only more user-friendly and intuitive, by predicting how users will utilize each element of the design.
- Cross functional teamwork: Work closely with engineers, product managers and surgeons to build storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of Stryker applications and features.
- Style Guide: Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for Stryker applications, to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, fine arts, visual arts or graphic design
- 3 years of experience in software application design / development.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Expert level with Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Adobe Xd,, Sketch, other graphic design and prototyping tools. Experience with Keyshot is desired
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interactions
Understanding of 3D modeling and rendering
Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team.
- Good (written and oral) communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Knowledge of usability and coding practices for usability.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top