Staff Control Engineer - Robotics
Who we want
System Thinker. People who is able to understand how different parts of the system works together and see out the best way to achieve optimal system performance.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop control algorithms.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
As a Sr. Robotics Control Engineer, you will combine a solid technical background with the ability to function well in a progressive, agile and multi-disciplinary control and software R&D environment. You will work with chief control engineer and rest of control team research and test innovative control methodologies for surgical robotic systems; You will develop MATLAB simulations of proposed control methodologies to demonstrate viability and identify potential improvements / optimizations; You will distill proof-of-concept work into detailed functional descriptions for use by the broader development team. You will also participate in developing new manipulator / actuator designs in close coordination with the electro-mechanical engineering team and collaborating with rest of the engineering team for throughout the product life cycle from plan, design, implementation, verification, and validation.,
What you need
- Master or Ph.D. from an ABET accredited engineering program in electrical, computer or mechanical engineering with an emphasis in robotics and/or controls. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2-5 years controls engineering experience in R&D projects (exceptional classroom training/projects considered).
- Experience in PID/ state space based real-time control system design methodology and best practices.
- Two-years plus experience in MATLAB and Simulink programming and control simulation.
- Detail oriented with strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 1 year academic or professional C++ and Object Oriented development experience.
- R&D development experience in a regulated industry, such as medical devices.
- Experience in robotic motion control, path planning, force control with boundary constraints.
- Strong background in Math and Physics.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top