Design Engineer - Application Software - NSE
Who we want
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing software that helps change patients' lives.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
What you will do
As a Design Engineer (Application Software) is responsible for the software system design of their product or subsystem from start to finish. You will provide design creation concepts to a new product development project to ensure design alignment with overall scope. Working in a cross functional team is a guarantee. Navigating your way through technical design discussions and ensuring appropriate analysis of decisions through application of sound engineering judgment and risk analysis will be the normal. This highly strategic role with broad organizational influence is a key part of ensuring overall product alignment with user needs and requirement specifications.
- Learn, understand, and continue to grow fundamental knowledge of application software principles and practices. Utilize this knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to ensure alignment of product design or subsystem design with requirements.
- Under minimal supervision designs, develop, modify and evaluate software systems and/or software systems.
- Hold active role in New Product Development team discussions. Provide engineering input on key topics to reduce time to market.
- Evaluate product designs at a subsystem level and ensure appropriate performance based upon customer and standard requirements. Typical analysis includes sound coding structures and reviews.
- Work with minimal supervision. Utilize senior engineers for discussion of unique software opportunities.
- Determine and implement design approaches and parameters and conduct feasibility studies on new designs.
- Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate the results. Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Provide periodic reports on assigned topics to supervisor.
What you need
- Bachelors Degree in Computer engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- GPA minimum of 3.0, strongly preferred.
- 0-5 years related design engineering experience.
- Proficient in C and/or C++.
- Proficient in communication protocols such as UART, SPI, and I2C.
- Hands on experience with debugging tools such as debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and multimeters.
- Experience with linux
- Experience with RTOS
- Demonstrated ability to translate requirements to design
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, hammer, wrenches, etc.), power tools and test/inspection equipment.
- Demonstrated numerical problem solving skills.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top