Staff Software Test Engineer- Test Automation
- Davie, FL
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking a Staff Software Test Engineer located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Who we want:
Self-directed innovators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do:
As a Staff Software Engineer in Test, you will improve the quality of products and accelerate the product delivery. Your focus is developing test code that finds bugs. You will typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across products and across focus areas.
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system.
- Design, develop & execute Regression Tests (frontend & backend) by providing a practical approach to complex product testing.
- Design and develop the Automated solution for Sanity Testing for various repeatable tests.
- Prepare Reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of their test scripts.
- Take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of the automation effort, and its schedule and prioritization.
- Work with management, developers, and quality assurance personnel, to meet the project goals.
- Leverage the testing process to create re-useable test assets.
- Test Environment set-up/management, monitoring and streamline release management to QA Environments.
- Identify and capture test data to support the test cases defined by the testing team.
- Author technical documents, coordinate with offshore teams and build work plans.
- Describe existing automation architecture, participate in design and architecture Meeting.
- Build and configure new interfaces to support testing activities.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5+ years of software experience; combination of testing and software development experience and education is acceptable.
- Demonstrated experience leading a software testing team, estimating work, meeting quality and timeline expectations.
- Strong proficiency in Python and C++
- Experience in a regulated software development environment desired.
- Strong aptitude and interest in automated system and software testing
- Demonstrated experience in the following: software testing methods, test plan and test case development, software risk analysis and software development practices.
Work From Home: Occasional
Travel Percentage: 10%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top