Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Will work within the QA Shared Services Manufacturing Transfer Team, responsible for quality related activities as it applies to Manufacturing Transfer, these include but not limited to the following:
- Supporting all transfers globally, (Supplier to Supplier, Supplier to Stryker, Stryker to Supplier, Stryker to Stryker)
- Having knowledge of and ability to provide interpretation and guidance on Regulations, Corporate and Site Local procedures as they relate to quality activities such as FMEA, MSA's, Validations and Qualifications.
- Reviewing and approving of Validation/Qualification Documentation.
- Working with Validation Consultants/Contractors/Suppliers as required ensuring that Validations are completed as per corporate and divisional procedures.
- Point of contact for quality for manufacturing transfers at Scoping, Planning and Execution phases
- Enable successful completion of manufacturing transfer to achieve its quality, cost and time requirements
- Be able to identify MT quality risks/gaps and provide solutions to correct
- Technical Quality Expert that sets quality strategy by utilizing a risk based approach around FAI's, Inspection Certification, leveraging etc.
- Provide expertise for at least 2 quality speciality associated with manufacturing transfer
- Manufacturing Transfer Independent Reviewer as required
- Supports Manufacturing Transfer Process training where required
- Provides feedback to lessons learnt for each completed manufacturing transfer
- Drive continuous optimization of Manufacturing Transfer Process
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering or related subject and 5 years of experience in quality
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Have a good understanding of engineering and machine tool fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Concepts and Risk Based Techniques (e.g. FMEA, Risk, Statistics).
- High level of PC skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint packages.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Lean Six Sigma training a distinct advantage.
- Must be willing to work as part of a multi-site team, be able to travel as part of the job
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com