Staff Engineer- Mechanical
- Gurgaon, India
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want:
- Analytical problem solvers: People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers: Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Collaborative partners: People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Effective communicators: People who regularly share relevant status updates and effectively articulate issues and recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.
- Motivated product launchers: People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
What you will do:
- Independently lead and timely execution of complete project deliverables.
- Ensure continual improvement in quality, delivering higher value services.
- Lead the entire NPD process including concept designing, supplier selection, testing, design finalization, Verification and Validation activities.
- Managing partnerships with vendors and other entities as needed
- Communicating effectively across all project disciplines and cross functional teams at global locations to ensure project team and senior management are aware of upcoming milestones and risks/issues.
- Perform detailed design work and creation of drawings using Pro/Engineer.
- Conduct static and fatigue stress analysis on developed designs using FEA
- Act as R&D lead during DFM activities with AO & production vendors.
What you need:
- Educational Qualification of BE/B.Tech/ME/M. Tech in Mechanical Engineering with strong work experience of 9-12 years out of which Minimum 7 years in similar role of product development
- Solid 3D CAD modeling skills (Pro-E).
- Generation of drawings for manufacturing.
- Good Product Design & Development Experience particularly for medical devices.
- Concept designing and development and proofing by hand calculation, FEA reports / Problem Solving Skills.
- Expert in DFMEA, DFM/DFA, Tolerance Stack-up, Risk Analysis
- Ability to set up new test methods, verification and validation activities knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project Management and Documentation.
- Prototype Development and Testing
- Product and Concept Design, Design Controls, Good knowledge of Machining and prototyping fundamental.
- Should have expertise on developing Test Method Failure models and writing the test protocols etc.
- Should have expertise of defining verification and validation methods.
- Solid GD&T Fundamentals.
- Proven Expertise in Material Selection Knowledge (materials specific to medical devices).
- Statistical Data Analysis Skills (Minitab).
- Awareness about ISO13485 and International standards, and norms
- Knowledge of Change Control Procedures and NPD Processes
- Reviewing technical documents
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.
Back to top