Staff Engineer, Advanced Operations
- Kayseri, Turkey
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
What we are looking for:
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Plastics Engineering or related engineering discipline with 4 or more years' experience in process development for new product strongly desired.
- Experience with plastic parts, including plastics mold design/procurement and molding process setup for blow molding and injection molding - required.
- Experience with assembly line design and procurement - required.
- Experience with metal welding, machining, and stamping - preferred.
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), related statistical tools and validation/verification techniques - preferred.
- Proven track record of working in a team-based environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognize good ideas.
- Innovative thinker - should be able to envisage new and better ways of doing things.
- Experience in executing complex problem-solving techniques related to manufacturing/design technical issues. Good instincts and sound judgement for mechanical and structural design.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organize and implement concurrent tasks.
- Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing processes, product/process design and engineering materials.
- English fluency required.
- Provide reoccurring and meaningful updates to leadership on the status of New Product Introductions (NPI).
- Provide engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the company new product development procedures.
- Will monitor and control progress of work ensuring sound application of engineering principles and the appropriate use of policies and procedures.
- Lead capital acquisition activity such as specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
- Will analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental test and result analysis. May lead or act as independent reviewer in process review meetings.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications.
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Our benefits Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Back to top