Staff Electrical Engineer - Robotic Assist Surgical Devices
- Portage, MI
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
It's time to join Stryker!
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking a Staff Electrical Engineer that is located in Portage/Kalamazoo, Michigan
Who We Want
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
Dedicated Achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Collaborative Partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What You Will DoIn this role as a Staff Electrical Engineer design engineering position for the Robotic Assisted Surgery team within the Neurosurgical Business Unit, you will work as part of this team working to bring advancement and intelligence to surgical navigation. Thes-e exciting technologies provide procedural solutions within the cranial and spinal fusion space. Another great example of Stryker making healthcare better for our customers!
- You will have the opportunity to work with multiple technologies including voltage regulators, mixed analog/digital circuits, embedded microcontrollers/microprocessors, FPGA's, motor controllers, sensors, and camera-based navigation.
- You will perform a wide variety of technical work in planning and design of electro-mechanical, embedded hardware electronic circuits and PCB design which will lead to new or improved products/product lines under marketing, cost, time and regulatory constraints for medical devices that supports our Neurosurgical needs.
- You will support creation of embedded systems requirements/architecture for new products leading to engineering PCB assembly board-spins/bring-ups and finally to a finished product.
- Through the design process, you will complete analysis for electromagnetic compliance (EMC), reliability, safety, cost and design for manufacturing / assembly / test.
- You will assist in evaluating vendor capability to support development and test fixture development.
- You will work with our technical leadership and project management team on breaking down work, scheduling, risks, and project updates.
- You will interact with customers to support determining requirements and validation of requirements.
- You may coordinate the activities of 1 or more exempt and/or non-exempt employees.
- You may provide feedback on performance of one or more employees, based on pre-established performance parameters.
- You will have the opportunity to work with multiple technical experts and internal/external training to further develop electrical hardware development skills and understanding of the medical procedures your products will be used in.
What You Need
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- 4+ years of embedded circuit design or embedded software design experience.
- Experience with PCB Schematic & Layout process and tools (e.g. PSpice, LTspice, OrCAD, Mentor Graphics, Altium, etc.).
- Experience using electronic hardware lab tools for development of design (e.g. Oscilloscope, Electronic Loads, Function Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Environmental Chambers).
- Experience in wireless technologies and antenna design (preferred)
Why Stryker? "It's the people." That's the answer you'll hear most often when you ask our employees why they love working here.
Come join our team at Stryker in Portage/Kalamazoo!
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.
Back to top