Staff Control Engineer - Robotics - 29660BR - EN
Who we want
System Thinker. People who is able to understand how different parts of the system works together and see out the best way to achieve optimal system performance.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop control algorithms.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
As a Sr. Robotics Control Engineer, you will combine a solid technical background with the ability to function well in a progressive, agile and multi-disciplinary control and software R&D environment. You will work with chief control engineer and rest of control team research and test innovative control methodologies for surgical robotic systems; You will develop MATLAB simulations of proposed control methodologies to demonstrate viability and identify potential improvements / optimizations; You will distill proof-of-concept work into detailed functional descriptions for use by the broader development team. You will also participate in developing new manipulator / actuator designs in close coordination with the electro-mechanical engineering team
and collaborating with rest of the engineering team for throughout the product life cycle from plan, design, implementation, verification, and validation.
What you need
• Master or Ph.D. from an ABET accredited engineering program in electrical, computer or mechanical engineering with an emphasis in robotics and/or controls. Advanced degree preferred.
• 2-5 years controls engineering experience in R&D projects (exceptional classroom training/projects considered).
• Experience in PID/ state space based real-time control system design methodology and best practices.
• Two-years plus experience in MATLAB and Simulink programming and control simulation.
• Detail oriented with strong English written and verbal communication skills.
• At least 1 year academic or professional C++ and Object Oriented development experience.
• R&D development experience in a regulated industry, such as medical devices.
• Experience in robotic motion control, path planning, force control with boundary constraints.
• Strong background in Math and Physics.
Meet Some of Stryker's Employees
Chief Mechanical Engineer
Anish oversees new product development, working with a team that focuses on complex electromechanical systems in order to find innovative ways to make healthcare better.
Back to top