About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who We Want
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will Do
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your software engineering talent in an exciting domain that is changing the future of surgery? To join a company ranked #8 on Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For?
Do you want to work with "amazingly talented high achievers" who are "willing to go above and beyond with a smile on their face" to make the products that "change patients' lives"? To build a rewarding career with an innovative company? Peek at our culture and team here: https://bit.ly/2MsHWN0
As an application software engineer at Stryker, you will design, develop and maintain application software for robotic-assisted surgery products. You will work closely with peers in software engineering, software quality assurance and project and product management to develop software that meets customer and system requirements. You will follow defined design practices including Agile methodology and the use of sound software engineering principles to ensure that the application software products are safe, robust and user friendly.
What will you do:
- Provide architectural guidance for the application software development for robotic-arm assisted orthopedics surgery products.
- Design and implement complex components and systems including architectural design, relevant design documentation, and test planning and execution.
- Evaluate new standards and technologies, select software development libraries and tools, and procure and integrate third-party software products.
- Work with developers, product managers, and application experts to ensure that application software satisfies all the requirements.
- Be responsible for the compliance and implementation of software development processes (SDLC).
What You Need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related areas. Masters degree is preferred
- 6+ years of experience in software application design and architecture
- Proficiency in C++ programming language
- Experience in Qt framework is preferred
- Experience in model driven software development
- Demonstrated ability to architect high quality software
- Experience in medical device domain and FDA regulation is a plus
- 3D graphics and geometry experience or knowledge
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- object oriented design and analysis;
- software design, development and verification methodologies;
- principles of computer architecture, operating systems and computer networking; use of software development tools such as compliers, interpreters, programming editors, debuggers, source code control, defect management.
Preferred Technical Competencies: Proficiency with an interpreted language (such as Python); background in 3D graphics and geometry; Linux-based software development skills
Our benefits Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/