Sr. Software Design Engineer - 30711BR - EN
Who we want
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing software that helps change patients' lives.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
As an embedded software developer, you will get an opportunity to work within a fast-paced new product development environment on our next generation products. As part of this team, you will interface with cross functional team members both on a local and global scale. You will have input into projects as well as opportunities to see our product in action via customer visits and workshops.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Develop embedded software code for medical devices in accordance with internal software development lifecycle requirements in compliance with FDA software development guidance
- Responsible for the documentation within software code as well as in supporting documents
- Provide software engineering support to legacy products
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams in the software verification and validation testing
What you need
- Bachelor's in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Embedded Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Requires a minimum of 2 years' experience
- Experience with object oriented code development
- In-depth experience with 1 software language required: C or C++
- Experience or education with 8, 16, or 32 bit microcontroller programming required
- Experience or education with Controller Area Network (CAN) communication highly recommended
- Highly developed ability to effectively troubleshoot software code
Other Things to Consider
- Industry training is available to each team member on a yearly basis - whether conferences, online courses or onsite group training
- Our team can take advantage of flexible work hours when needed -development activities do not need to always take place in the office
- Relocation services offered
- H1B transfers accepted
Meet Some of Stryker's Employees
Chief Mechanical Engineer
Anish oversees new product development, working with a team that focuses on complex electromechanical systems in order to find innovative ways to make healthcare better.
Back to top