About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
The Sr. Project Engineer, Packaging leads the packaging development of newly developed devices for joint arthroplasty or trauma treatment. He advances the packaging through the whole process to market launch. Packaging can be both, sterile and non-sterile solutions involving materials (blisters, pouches, Tyvek) as typically used in Medical devices.
Usually works with minimum of supervision. Assigments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Liaise with and interacts with sub-suppliers for definition of packaging designs and generation of prototypes.
- Interface with Health Care Professionals (hospital handling, nurses, replenishment, sales force) to gather input for user needs, design and evaluation of new products, including organization and management of cadaver labs and HCP panel meetings.
- Manage the design control creation through the New Product Development Process (NPDP).
- Work with Program Managers and oversee technical teams to ensure project plans adhere to agreed upon timelines and are within the scope of the NPDP/Maintenance guidelines.
- Lead and participate on cross-functional design teams to develop new product, address design issues, and maintain existing designs.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of the surgical procedure and relationships with clinical advisors to develop innovative solutions to solve problems and satisfy customer needs.
- Prepare packaging performance testing and agree acceptance criteria with biomechanical lab.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key design consulting groups in order to recognize and anticipate industry trends and user needs.
- Be familiar with state-of-the-art packaging concepts, technical solutions, international standardization and requirements (ISO, ASTM) and implementinto packag-ing development, work instructions and mentorship.
- Mentor other engineers in project management best practices, design best practice and industry trends, pro-actively apply cost consciousness in all packaging solutions applied and design vs. target costs
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related.
- An education in packaging design and development is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of product design experience in the medical device industry or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to apply design controls within a regulated industry.
- Demonstrated ability to cooparte efficiently with suppliers in defining adequate packaging designs
Our benefits Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/