Sr. Project Engineer Biomechanics
- Cork, Ireland
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
The Sr. Project Engineer, Biomechanics leads product safety or/and ver/val test campaigns of new osteosynthesis products. Applies knowledge of engineering and biomechanical principles to the evaluation of osteosynthesis and arthroplasty products as well as related instrumentation.
Usually works with minimum of supervision. Assigments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. May serve as a project mentor to other engineers under minimal supervision.
- Prepare specifications for product satety and performance testing with a high degree of complexity (i.e. creation of test plans and complex test protocols). Typical products may be additive manufactured arthroplasty and trauma products as well as instruments required for implantation.
- Project planning of product safety and performance tests and test campaigns.
- Execute product safety and performance tests including documentation in test reports and approval thereof.
- Analyse and assess results gained utilizing adequate analytical and statistical means and methods according to pre-existing guidelines.
- Analyse and calculate loads (forces and moments) acting in the human body as input to simulations and calculations of implant loading as well as for adequate layout mechanical test set-ups.
- Manage external test projects (i. e. sterilizations validations, cleaning validations, biocompatibility testing, electromagnetic testing).
- Communicate, discuss and conclude test and analysis results in cooperation with product development teams
- Consultate of development Engineers in terms of biomechanical questions.
- Prepare and create new guidelines (standard operating precedures).
- Communicate on best practices and methodologies and share those across sites with subject matter experts from other sites.
- Oversee subject matter experties related international standardisation (ISO, ASTM, FDA guidance, others) and implement requirements into guidelines.
- Functionally lead the work of technicians, specialists and project engineers in the field of Biomechanics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in the medical device industry or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully contribute to complex ver/val test campaigns and lead less complex test campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to apply lab related design controls within a regulated industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply fundamental and some advanced concepts, practices and procedures of practical field of specialization.
Our benefits Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Back to top