Spine Associate Sales Representative (Chicago and Suburbs)
- Itasca, IL
Who We Want
Hard-working winners. Confident, competitive and results-oriented salespeople who create a track record of success.
Persuasive influencers. People who understand market positioning and can use their relationship skills and depth of knowledge to secure buy-in, cooperation, and loyalty.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Mission-driven salespeople. Fiercely intense representatives who work whatever hours necessary to live out their purpose of changing people's lives and making healthcare better.
What You Will Do
As an Associate Sales Representative at Stryker Spine, you assist in strategically promoting and selling Stryker Spine products to meet our customers' needs. You confidently conduct product evaluations in Operating Room and office settings, persuasively demonstrating the value of our products. Systematically tracking your territory progress, you proactively communicate your findings with your Regional Manager and Sales Representative(s) you are supporting to push yourself to exceed each goal. When onsite with clients, you use your product knowledge and quick thinking to solve product problems and inform doctors, nurses and other staff as to the proper use and maintenance of our products. You take great pride in meticulously managing and maintaining your sample inventory of products and are prepared to assist a customer whenever the need arises. As an Associate Sales Representative you love living in the fast lane and find purpose in selling Stryker products that are making healthcare better. As an Associate Sales Representative you may be asked to cover open territories, which will give you the opportunity to grow in your responsibilities.
- Meet or exceed territory sales objectives for each product category and in target accounts; meet or exceed territory market share objectives.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with prospective and existing customers.
- Develop and implement sales strategies.
- Serves as the primary backup contact for Sales Representatives
- Maintain expert knowledge in Spine product, competitive product and current market; participate in continuing education programs.
- Provide high quality "on call" service to existing customers.
- Provide "in service" training and other customer education in support of new product launches and in an effort to increase clinical knowledge of Spine products/programs.
What You Need
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year accredited college or university, preferred.
- Demonstrated bio-mechanical aptitude, with previous exposure to professional orthopedic or clinical work environment, preferred.
- 2 - 3 years successful sales experience (prefer medical device sales) or demonstrated success as a Sales Associate (must be within medical device).
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective sales and marketing plan.
- Travel required within Territory, in support of other Territories within the District, and to national/Area sales meetings and conventions.
What We Offer
- A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results.
- Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients.
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including orthopaedics, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology & spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.stryker.com.
In February 2020, Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) announced that for the tenth consecutive year has been named as one of the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For ranking 8 out of 100. Some of our other awards include Great Places to Work for Inclusion, Women, Millennials, and Diversity. See full list of our awards here: https://www.stryker.com/us/en/about/awards/awards.html
Learn more about Stryker Spine Products: https://www.stryker.com/us/en/portfolios/orthopaedics/spine--ortho-.html
Work From Home: Field-based
Travel Percentage: 90%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top