Software Staff Engineer - Linux Kernel
Embedded software developer to work closely with hardware and design teams for BSP and application development on a Linux Platform. Software for bootloader, kernel, and applications is developed in C/C++ according to regulated standards for the Software Development Life Cycle within the Medical Device industry.
- Support bootloader and kernel integration on embedded processors, including configuration, testing, and driver changes as needed.
- GUI application development for embedded linux in C/C++.
- Support application development on
- Interact with cross functional teams for requirements development and V&V activities.
- Create all document tangibles to support software development
- Verify implementation meets design, and design meets requirements
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related experience.
- Experience in HW/SW development for embedded Linux systems
- Experience developing in a controlled environment under configuration management
- Knowledge of standard communication data protocols (UART, USB, I2C, Ethernet)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Meet Some of Stryker's Employees
Bri works with Stryker’s quality engineers in order to continually improve the quality of the company’s products. She also assists customers by troubleshooting issues in the field.
Back to top