Software Design Engineer - Staff
Who we want
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing software that helps change patients' lives.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
As an embedded software developer, you will get an opportunity to work within a fast-paced new product development environment on an array of technical challenges for our next generation products. As part of this team, you will interface with cross functional team members both on a local and global scale. You would be able to have inputs into all phases of product development as well as have opportunities to see our product in action via customer visits and workshops.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Design, development, testing, compliance, traceability, documentation and refinement of embedded and application level software for medical device electro-mechanical systems
- Develop system level design strategies and may lead design, development, testing & refinement of components and sub-systems
- Follow Product Design Controls procedures and Software Development lifecycle procedures
- Develop research prototypes used to evaluate new product concepts
- Provides input to the vision, definition and specification of future designs
- Own/Support all phases of the product development lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, debug, verification, validation, and transfer to manufacturing
What you need
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field. M.S. preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years' experience
- Ability to debug software and hardware/schematics at high level using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and simulators.
- Demonstrate mastery in system level software (drivers, RTOS, and test applications) in an embedded environment.
- C/C++, Object Oriented Coding
- Knowledge in embedded system design required.
Other Things to Consider
- This role gives an opportunity to participate in the project as a technical lead - an opportunity to influence architecture, be actively involved in reviews and mentorship but also deliver as a key contributor in the hands-on development of embedded code.
- Industry training is available to each team member on a yearly basis - whether conferences, online courses or onsite group training.
- Our team can take advantage of flexible work hours when needed -development activities do not need to always take place in the office.
- Top performers have ample opportunity for advancement within R&D and the corporation.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Meet Some of Stryker's Employees
Chief Mechanical Engineer
Anish oversees new product development, working with a team that focuses on complex electromechanical systems in order to find innovative ways to make healthcare better.
Back to top