Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (Mahwah NJ & Durham, NC & Portage, MI)
- Rome, GA
Who we want
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
As a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer, you will act as a liaison between suppliers and Stryker cultivating a drive for continuous improvement with our supplier base. You will work with internal customers and suppliers to address quality issues and provide technical support related to the quality system assessment and performance evaluation.
If you believe that collaboration and quality go hand in hand this role is for you. You will influence strategic sourcing, auditing and development groups to understand the capabilities and competencies of suppliers to fulfill product quality and regulatory requirements.
- Own Supplier related CAPA review and management, ensuring effective use of appropriate problem-solving tools.
- Support tracking and reporting of KPI and other metrics associated with supplier performance.
- Provide education and training to suppliers as necessary.
- Articulate detailed supplier performance results and trends to appropriate levels of management.
- Perform detailed process reviews at supplier's manufacturing site.
- Assess and critique supplier process control documentation, identifying areas of improvement and driving improvement withing the suppliers QMS.
- Communicate effectively to suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain and track to completion closure of assigned supplier action items.
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to prioritize supplier-initiated change requests.
- Develop and drive completion of personal development plans (IDP).
- Support PMO projects and initiatives
- Develop relationships with suppliers and internal cross functional partners
- Identify cost reduction opportunities through quality improvements at suppliers
- Manage supplier-initiated changes for continuous improvement, cost reduction or supplier remediation activities.
- Analyze non-conformance data to prioritize projects and to solve systemic supplier issues.
- Execute pro-active supplier site visits.
- Transfer "lessons learned" from the supply base back to R&D for incorporation into next generation designs.
- Provide problem solving expertise at site and supplier locations in support of critical quality issues.
- Train, mentor and assist in the development of less experienced engineers.
- Propose and develop effective quality improvement plans to be implemented at appropriate suppliers.
- Provide support to 3rd Party Audits relating to Supplier Quality CAPA.
- May act as a Global single point of contact for Global Strategic Suppliers and Global Strategic Business Partners
- Serve as a subject matter expert, for assigned commodity; share expertise within global Stryker organization.
- Lead project portfolio of supplier improvement activities.
- Collaborate with internal/strategic partners to identify companywide opportunities for supplier improvement.
- Oversee processes as a process owner and drives standardization of SQ-related processes such as PPAP, DPM, etc.
- Expand company knowledge of advanced problem-solving tools.
- Act as best practice sharing champions.
What you need
- Bachelor's in science, engineering or related discipline required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Internal Quality Auditor Qualification preferred (ISO 13485, CFR 820 or comparable industry standard and regulatory requirements).
- Experience in a highly regulatory environment desirable.
- Basic knowledge of FMEA, validation programs and SPC processes.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing prints and tolerancing.
- Basic knowledge in statistics.
Work From Home: Occasional
Travel Percentage: 70%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top