Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Senior Staff Engineer - Manufacturing
Site: Stryker Tullagreen, Joint Replacement
The successful candidate will be joining a fast-paced engineering team working across multiple Stryker Divisions. They should be a Subject Matter Expert across a number of Engineering competencies including Lean six sigma, manufacturing and automation. The Senior Staff Engineer will provide technical leadership in the Stryker facility across our one or more of our core manufacturing competencies of CNC machining, coating technology and clean and pack.
Talents we are looking for:
• Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
• Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
• Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
• Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
• Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
You will be responsible for:
- Management of significant Engineering projects through PMO.
- Provide Technical leadership within the engineering team.
- Ownership of the plant metrics from an engineering perspective.
- Technical and operational support to manufacturing operations.
- Proven Structured problem solving methodologies.
- Demononstrated ability to identify continuously improvement opportunities across a number of processes.
- Provide support to Process Development / Advanced Operations on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
- Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within manufacturing.
- Support process development and cost reduction activities within the business units.
- Provide leadership to other Manufacturing Engineers and or Technicians as required.
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent technical experience is required.
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
- Has minimum of 6 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
- Demonstrable strong analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
- Technological expert, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances
- Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven technical leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com