About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who we want
- Problem solvers. Curious-minded achievers who resolve complex problems where precedent may not have previously existed.
- Articulate communicators. Individuals with a natural ability to communicate complex concepts into easily understandable ideas both visually and verbally
- Attentive multitaskers. Associates who hold themselves accountable for managing multiple priorities and timelines at once.
- Relationship builders. Team players who collaborate with internal stakeholders to create powerful outcomes.
- Dedicated achievers. Designers with unparalleled, never-ending work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to every project they touch.
- Game changers. Persistent designers who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker's mission to make healthcare better.
What you will do
Change the healthcare world by developing life-saving devices. As a Senior Interaction Designer at Stryker, your expertise in user experience is imperative in helping us deliver our mission to make healthcare better.
In your role, you'll work with a variety of technology-focused teams, using your expertise to influence long range goals at Stryker. Contributing ideas from early product concepts through launch, you'll generate creative solutions that enhance the user experience of our products. You will be responsible for the definition, design and documentation of all user-experience related aspects of the product user interface. You will develop user interface design including screen layout and navigation, user interface functionality, user notifications, alerts and icons to name a few. As a senior interaction designer, you will be an advocate for the end user of our products, partnering closely with industrial design, human factors, marketing, clinical, and software engineering teams to implement and test designed interfaces. Although collaboration is key, you'll also work independently at times, documenting, implementing and troubleshooting as you ensure deliverables and work products meet and exceed our high standards.
If you're motivated to make healthcare better through advancements in user experience, join our team of hardworking, passionate designers at Stryker.
What you need
- BA/BS in Design (interaction, visual communication, graphic, product, industrial) or related discipline OR Associates in related discipline +10 years of experience
- 7+ years of experience, medical devices highly preferred.
- Experience with design tools such as XD, Sketch, Axure, and Photoshop.
- Experience in design research and user testing.
- Strong and clean visual design.
- Proven experience designing usable interfaces.
What We Offer
- A culture driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
- Coworkers committed to collaboration and winning the right way
- Quality products that improve the lives of our customers and patients
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
- Flexible, engaging work environment
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. Stryker, previously Physio-Control, is the leader in life-saving and emergency medicine technology and data solutions, serving EMS, hospital, military, and emerging models of healthcare. We make the legendary LIFEPAK® brand of patient monitors and defibrillators - considered one of the most powerful tools in emergency medicine. Join our Team and see how your marketing and product management skills can flourish in an environment rich with advanced technology, innovative medical science, and high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Our benefits Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/