Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Role: Senior Staff Automation Engineer, Additive.
Senior Staff Engineer responsible for the development of Additive Downstream manufacturing process for PSS (Patient Specific Solutions) utilizing best-in-class technologies, requiring skills not limited to CNC, Automation, inspection & surface finish workstreams.
Talents we are looking for:
• Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what's next.
• Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
• User-focused creators. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients' lives.
• Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
• Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
• Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
• Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Staff Engineer, you will get an opportunity to work within a fast-paced new product introduction (NPI) environment on an array of technical challenges for our current and next generation products. As technical lead, you will interface with cross functional team members both on a local and global scale. In your role as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all CNC, Automation, inspection & surface finish workstreams, you will be responsible for developing additive downstream processes utilizing best-in-class technologies.
- Lead capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, to Installation and qualification of CNC, surface finishing, inspection, and all automated solutions for additive downstream.
- Technical lead for all Product and/or Process Transfer activity.
- Liaising with Design & Segmentation teams on product GD&T requirements.
- Utilise computer software to generate cutting paths and programs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with machines as they arise.
- Will coach and mentor peers on functionally related topics.
- Provide engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the Stryker new product introduction procedures.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications.
- Will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability, and regulatory requirements. Work with quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
- Ensure adherence to GMP, ISO and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
What we would like you to have:
- Level 8 Honours Bachelor's Engineering, Biomedical, Science
- 8yrs working experience.
Like to have:
- Downstream process experience with orthopaedics or the medical device industry, or any regulated industry.
- Robotics Degree is advantageous.
- Strong CNC Programming capability.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Innovative thinker - should be able to envisage new and better ways of doing things.
- Experience in Product or process transfers.
- Automation experience is desirable to enable the introduction of best-in-class technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate engineering principals to all levels within the organization through oral and written means.
- Experience in executing complex problem-solving techniques related to manufacturing technical issues.
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), related statistical tools and validation/verification techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks.
- Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing processes, product/process design and engineering materials.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings with the ability to understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Certified in validation activities.
- Green or Black Belt 6 Sigma qualifications an advantage.
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen.
- Ability to develop competitive COGs for all new processes implemented.
- Excellent attention to detail.
** Additive experience while is of value to us is not essential to this role.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com