About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Senior Software Technician performs a variety of technical duties using the appropriate standard practices required in the area. Requires workable knowledge of software support and testing. Works under limited supervision. Follows general direction for work and may have full responsibility for minor projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs tasks requiring considerable judgment in determining work methods, interpreting results and writing clear and accurate reports.
- Conduct tests of embedded, PC based, and cloud-based software.
- Manages systems under test, test configurations and test platforms.
- Works with other technicians and may assist engineers in evaluating and improving designs or processes.
- May assist in project planning, budgeting, and coordination with outside vendors.
- Coordinate schedules within work group and with other departments.
- High school diploma/GED
- Five years applicable experience
- Excellent verbal and written documentation and communication skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and task organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to determine and meet project objectives.
- Experience debugging systems under development
- Proficient computer skills with office software applications.
- Test experience with embedded linux operating systems
- Scripting experience with Python, Bash, or other
- Experience moving manual tests to automation
- Office environment, extended hours as needed
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.