Senior Software Engineer
- Davie, FL
Who We Want
Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you Will Do:
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your software engineering talent in an exciting domain that is changing the future of surgery? To join a company ranked #8 on Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For?
Do you want to work with "amazingly talented high achievers" who are "willing to go above and beyond with a smile on their face" to make the products that "change patients' lives"? To build a rewarding career with an innovative company? Check out our culture and team here: https://bit.ly/2MsHWN0
As a Senior Software Engineer at Stryker, you will design and implement complex concepts and draft design documentation for robotic-assisted surgery products. You will work closely with peers in software engineering, software quality assurance and project and product management to develop software that meets customer and system requirements. You will follow the defined design practices including Agile methodology and use the sound software engineering principles to ensure that the application software products are safe, robust and user friendly.
What you Need
- College graduate with a degree focused on (or equivalent in) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in professional software development. Combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Proficient in C++ coding language
- Demonstrated knowledge in computer science such as data structure design, architecture design, and algorithms
- in Computer Science fundamentals (e.g., algorithms and data structures)
- Demonstrated understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Knowledge of 3D graphics and geometry
- Experience in using software developments tools, such as version control, IDEs, compilers, interpreters, debuggers, continuous integration, etc.
- Knowledge of Qt is a plus
- Experience in image processing and algorithms development is a plus
- Experience in biomedical applications is a plus
Insert detailed job description here.
Work From Home: Occasional
Travel Percentage: 10%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top