Senior R&D Engineer, Additive
- Cork, Ireland
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Senior R&D Engineer, Additive
Location: In our state of the art Global Centre of Excellence for Additive Manufacturing in Stryker, based in Cork.
As part of a newly formed team, you will be an integral part to developing and launching innovative Additive Spine implants and instruments. Being located in our new, global Additive center of excellence in Cork, Ireland, you will closely collaborate locally with our Advanced Operations team, and internationally with our Spine R&D headquarter in Leesburg, US, to bring new products to the market and value to our customers. From product design for additive manufacturing, to design control documentation such as risk files, product specification and testing, to regulatory submission documentation you will be responsible for creating the product Design History File.
We are looking for highly motivated, passionate, and accountable engineers who want to embark with us on the journey of building a new team, focusing on bringing innovative additive products to our customers to make healthcare better.
The Talents we are looking for:
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing products that helps change patients' lives.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
What you will do:
- Interface with customers to gather input for design and evaluation of new products that satisfy or even excel customer requirements.
- Utilize knowledge of surgical procedures, international standards and business needs and incorporate them into the final product offering. Develop and analyze solutions and overlook prototyping to provide proof of concept.
- Translate design inputs, standards and other requirements to engineering specifications
- DHF documentation per the Quality Management system, such as risk files, product design spec, IFU, regulatory documentation
- Apply fundamental and advanced concepts, practices and procedures for problem solving.
- Quickly process and integrate procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technologies as required
- Prepare and review information for invention disclosures and patent applications
- Streamlined communication and collaborative work within R&D and other functions such as Quality, Advanced Operations, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management, partly internationally
- Deliver with great responsibility, with focus on integrity and accountability
- Manage multiple tasks and projects in parallel
- Appropriate stakeholder management to build trustful partnerships and relationships with our global and diverse stakeholders
- Be an active part of building this new team and making it successful and a great team to work in
- Identify areas for improvement and implement new solutions to constantly push the boundaries of what is possible to improve customer experience and work effectiveness
Qualifications and desired experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Biomedical or Masters in related discipline
- 2+ years of work experience, preferred in R&D or similar project related environment.
- Experience on product development
- Working knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering practices and design principles.
- Technical ability to create engineering drawings and models, applying GD&T and CAE tools.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of customer expectations, standards and materials to product design.
- Experienced in writing technical documents.
- Familiarity with design controls within a regulated industry, especially around risk management.
- Self-organization skills and accountable for assigned deliverables
- Ability to connect processes and procedures with tasks to find most efficient approaches
- Excellent communication and very good stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- High willingness to learn and adapt in a changing project environment
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply or alternatively reach out to me to discuss.
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.
Back to top