About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
23 month fixed term contract role usually based in Carrigtwohill, Cork. Currently fully work from home
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Works on complex problems, applying advancing experience and learnings.
- Demonstrates ownership and prioritizes work with minimal supervision.
- Works as key member of the team, collaborating with others and solidifying relationships.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of customer needs and design inputs.
- Demonstrate proficiency with product's intended use and clinical procedures.
- Learn how the financial models are constructed.
- Follow fundamental industry standards, design requirements and test strategies which apply to regulatory requirements.
- Independently create or refine engineering documentation, such as the Design History file.
- Follow R&D procedure like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System.
- Under minimal supervision, research, design, develop, modify, and verify components/modules for medical devices.
- Translate design inputs to engineering specifications and produce sub-system level designs.
- Develop and analyze solutions, prototyping one or more options to provide proof of concept.
- Apply fundamental and some advanced concepts, practices and procedures for problem solving.
Education / Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical or Masters in related discipline
- 2+ years of work experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering practices and design principles
- Technical ability to create engineering drawings and models, applying GD&T and CAE tools.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes to product design.
- Ability to communicate basic plans and technical information to team members.
Knowledge / Competencies:
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing software that helps change patients' lives.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
Our benefits Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/